Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Daring Cooks October Challenge

The October 2009 Daring Cooks’ challenge was brought to us by Jaden of the blog Steamy Kitchen. The recipes are from her new cookbook, The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook.


I chose to make the long version of this recipe which involved making the chicken broth from a whole chicken. You can find the recipe here: http://steamykitchen.com/139-vietnamese-chicken-noodle-soup-pho-ga.html


I really loved this recipe. I made a few errors, namely ordering sprouting beans from the grocery store instead of bean sprouts, and forgetting to toast the spices. I ended up with a very clear broth, but I think refridgerating the broth and skimming the fat off would have resulted in a crystal clear broth.


Here are the pics!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful that you loved it and the picture looks fabulous. Well done on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete